[pmwiki-users] Still trying - How do I remove an incorrect space between acronym letters

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jan 20 10:44:55 CST 2006

On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 10:28:11AM -0000, K.A.Bouton wrote:
> I have an acronym in my title HadOPA which is incorrectly being given a
> space in it - Had OPA. I think its somethiing with my wikiword definition?
> How do Iturn it off for this single case?

Katherine-

Sorry your requests have gone unanswered for so long.  You probably
have $SpaceWikiWords set or are using $Titlespaced in the skin, which
means that PmWiki sees "HadOPA" as needing a space to separate the
words.

The easy way to "fix" it at the moment is to explicitly set a title
on the page, as in

    (:title HadOPA:)

Then the page title won't display with a space in it.  If you have
other places in the site where it's showing up with a space but
shouldn't be, then try using [[HadOPA]] instead of a wiki-word link.

I'm also considering updating PmWiki's spacing functionality so
that it can recognize stop words and mixed-case acronyms and
space them accordingly.  Either that or I'm going to provide an
option for spaces to be explicitly placed in page names using
underscores (ugh, I really dislike underscores), and a gentle
migration path from existing WikiWord pagenames to underscore-based
names.

Hope this helps, if not -- let us know a few more details about
what you're wanting and we'll come up with something!