[pmwiki-users] help with authentication using UserAuth

yy swanpond at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 15:03:26 CST 2006

Hi,

I downloaded the UserAuth stuff and was able to create an account for myself
to login and edit. But there are more things I want to do (kind of like a
CMS).
For instance:
1. I only want regular users to read (all other options ie edit will be
hidden)
2. Related to first one, I want conditional formatting based upon the status
of the current user(registered or guest).
3. I want people register on their own from the homepage and password is
created and sent to the email box automatically
4. I want create groups so that for instance, group member A can only edit
their own files, not files of Group B, and vice versa.

I have been searching through archive, but need help on specific
step-by-step instruction. I really like pmwiki. I tried mediawiki before,
but found hard to do any customization since my knowledge of  php/mysql is
very limited.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

sp