[pmwiki-users] problem creating uploads/Group directories

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Sun Jan 22 18:28:57 CST 2006

I got a problem with a new pmwiki installation on  a new shared
server: pmwiki fails to create new uploads/Group directories.
Instead I get an error page with instructions how to create a writable
directory. But following the advise still leaves the same problem for
new directories.

steps i took:
1. Create uploads/ manually.
2. set chmod to 2777.
3. run pmwiki
4. set chmod to 755.

Still pmwiki can't create directories in uploads/.
It can upload to manually created directories.
But i would like users to be able to just upload to any group they may
have created, without me as admin having to create the directory for
the files first.

I can't find info under Pmwiki/Troubleshooting, nor by searching
pmwiki.org or the user list.
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00396 seems to describe a similar
error, without helping.

what can i do?