[pmwiki-users] stylesheet not loading properly using CleanUrl

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 24 05:04:01 CST 2006

On 1/23/06, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
<christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Jan 2006, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
> > > p.s. - The Cookbook/CleanUrls page gets my vote for the most confusing
> > > page on the pmwiki.org site. It could really use some editing/rewriting
> > > from someone who truly understands the intricacies of rewriting.
> >
> > I agree -- rewriting that page has been on my to-do list for some time.
> > Part of the issue is that there are so many different ways to accomplish
> > it, and many people have been adding/revising it with their own "better"
> > versions and opinions of how they think it ought to be done.
>
> I also agree... I looked at recently and just made me more confused - and
> I'm already using clean URIs...
>
> Maybe it'd help to have Cookbook/CleanUrls as a gathering page which
> explains the problems in general, and then refer to
>
>         Cookbook/CleanUrls1
>         Cookbook/CleanUrls2
>         Cookbook/CleanUrls3
>
> for the different approaches? As it is, the page is rather big...

The CleanUrls page really does need to be rewritten from scratch.
That big hairball of a page could be kept as a reference of last
resort.

There may need to be various approaches "just in case", but there must
be One Best Approach that should be presented first.  It should be one
that's likely to work in most cases.

How's this for a start?

   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/NewCleanUrlsRecipe

Hagan