[pmwiki-users] 404 Not Found

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Wed Jan 25 05:25:40 CST 2006

Wednesday, January 25, 2006, 2:15:50 AM, Patrick wrote:
> Next, the list of choices should be displayed *only* when a
> partial url is given.  If a full pagename is given in the url,
> as in http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test77/XYZFoo, then an author should
> only be given the link to create Test77.XYZFoo and not XYZFoo.XYZFoo
> or XYZFoo.HomePage.  If we need a flag to make this happen, I
> guess I can come up with one, but it seems like there ought to
> be a way to do it without a special flag.

> Back to the case of the partial url, since the most common reason
> for having a partial url would seem to be that someone is trying
> to reach a group home page, I suspect that either Test77.Test77
> or Test77.HomePage ought to appear in the list before Main.Test77,
> which seems the least likely intent.

We could conditionally display options for
a) a full name is given,
b) a partial name is given

I modified Site.PageNotFound and added (for testing) this on pmwiki.org:

Perhaps you would like to:
(:if match / :)
* %rel=nofollow% [[{$FullName}?action=edit | Create {$FullName}]]
(:if !match / :)
* %rel=nofollow% [[{$Name}.{$Name}?action=edit| Create {$Name}.{$Name}]]
* %rel=nofollow% [[{$Name}.{$DefaultName}?action=edit| Create {$Name}.{$DefaultName}]]
(:if:)

which does the trick.
But at the cost of not being able to use (:if auth edit:), since we
can't nest conditional markup.

Best,
~Hans