[pmwiki-users] Space in WikiWord problem with PITS/00327

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Jan 25 10:25:58 CST 2006

On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 07:40:58AM -0800, Ralph Zeller wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using pmwiki version 2.1.beta20, and I'm having the problem described
> in PITS/00327, which is listed as fixed and closed in an earlier version.
>
> I'm using Apache on Linux with PHP v 5.0.4
>
> Thanks for any help/advice.

Ah, 2.0.beta30 actually fixed a slightly different problem from
PITS.00327.

Technically the $WikiWordCount variable is intended to only
control the number of times a particular wikiword is linked, it's
not intended to change whether or not it gets spaced, or indicate
that it's no longer treated as a wikiword.

I suspect the real answer to your problem will be for us to adjust
the AsSpaced() function, so that it's easier to indicate the spacing
and capitalization of certain wikiwords.  This would also fix spacing
in things such as page titles, which $WikiWordCount doesn't have any
affect on.