[pmwiki-users] LinkIMap() documentation (Was: ...)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jan 26 09:59:41 CST 2006

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 03:33:55PM +0100, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
> I got the syntax from pmwiki.php:
>
> 	LinkIMap($pagename,$imap,$path,$title,$txt,$fmt=NULL)
>
> and I'm guessing that $pagename is the usual. But what about the rest?

You had them correct, but for completness:

    $pagename = context
    $imap = the scheme (index into $LinkFunctions)
    $path = whatever followed the prefix
    $title = whatever came in quotes after the path
    $txt = the link text, from MakeLink()
    $fmt = the format string, from MakeLink()

> Looking at MakeLink(), I see that it supplies the $title from the result
> of a regexp match. So the first question is how you specify the title in
> the link markup, is that:
>
> 	[[ link text -> target | title ]]suffix
> 	[[ target | link text | title ]]suffix

    [[ target"title" | link text ]]
    [[ link text -> target"title" ]]
    http://..."title"

> PS. Isn't there some kind of 'tag' or something that should be added to
> this page to indicate that it's very advanced documentation? And
> similarly, what's the category for these pages?

I dunno.  I'd put them in a [[!PmWikiFunctions]] or [[!PmWikiInternals]]
category.