[pmwiki-users] regarding Site.SideBar

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Fri Jan 27 03:32:28 CST 2006

Friday, January 27, 2006, 8:17:11 AM, shibu wrote:
> Please do help me ... i want to password protect Site.SideBar on the left
> side of pmwiki which i am using, i was able to password protect the main
> pages but not the side bar, please do let me know how to password protect
> it.

Go to the Site.SideBar and add ?action=attr to the url.
It opens a window where you can set various passwords for the page.
Site.SideBar comes by default set for edit with the special password 'nopass',
which means no password applied for this page, even though the group
is protected. You need to enter 'clear' (without '') as password for
edit, then the group or site default will apply, or set as password
your general edit password.

Best,
~Hans