[pmwiki-users] passwords

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jan 27 07:20:06 CST 2006

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 11:43:27PM -0800, Phil Seyer wrote:
>    PMwiki Documentation says:
>

>    To set the entire site to be editable only by those who know an "edit"
>    password, add a line like the following to local/config.php:
>
>      $DefaultPasswords['edit'] = crypt('edit_password');
>
>  In the documentation I have trouble telling when I need to substitue my own specific data into the command line.
>
>  For example, do I need to change 'edit_password" to the actual password for editing or just leave it as
>  'edit_password' ?

You probably want to substitute your own password.

Do you have any suggestions how we could better indicate where
substitutions should take place...?  Christian Ridderström suggests

    $DefaultPasswords['edit'] = crypt('<edit_password>');

my only concern is that people will start to assume that the angle
brackets are part of the syntax.