[pmwiki-users] $PageUrl not being parsed

Ryan D'Baisse ryan.dbaisse at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 09:02:08 CST 2006

On Jan 28, 2006, at 9:24 AM, Hans wrote:

> Saturday, January 28, 2006, 1:47:11 PM, Ryan wrote:
>> 1. HOW TO DISPLAY NEW THREAD TITLES WITHOUT THE HYPERLINK?
>> When a user enters the new topic, and they are brought to the next
>> page, the top of the page has "Describe TestTopic01A here" in the
> <snip>
> In forumstyled.php the variable $DefaultPageTextFmt gets redefined for
> the forum group(s). for this to work each forum group needs to be
> added to the $ForumList array. Like
>
>       $ForumList[] = 'Forum';
>
> And you add more groups the same way.
> Maybe this is not the right way to add to the array?
>
> this is the code in forumstyled.php:
> # default forum group:
> $ForumList[] = 'Forum';
>
> # defines text to be displayed when new topic page gets created
> $fgrp = FmtPageName('$Group',$pagename);
> foreach ($ForumList as $fl) {
>     if($fgrp==$fl) {
>     $DefaultPageTextFmt = 'Compose message, add author name, and
> click post';
>     }
> };
>
> Anyone seeing a flaw here please advice!

Here is what I have in the CONFIG.PHP....

include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/commentboxstyled.php");
include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/forumstyled.php");
$ForumList[]='TestForum01;
$ForumList[]='TestForum02';

I assume your code is to display "Compose message, add author name,
and click post" instead of "Define Topic01A here".  Is this correct?
Is there a problem with adding to the $ForumList in the way that I have?

Again, just to recap, I am seeing "Define Topic01A here" and not the
"Compose message..." statement.

>> 2. HOW TO DISPLAY THE TITLE OF THE TOPIC TO RETURN VISITORS?
>> When a user returns to the topic, they are presented with the
>> chronological listing of replies and the comment box.  Unfortunately,
>> there is nothing at the top of the page to show them the topic.  I
>> <snip>
>
> The topic title is the page name. You can also use {$Title} in the
> page i suppose.

Yeah, I added the variable to the GroupHeader and it works well.

>> 3. HOW TO REMOVE 'HOME PAGE' FROM TOPIC LISTING?
>> When someone visits the forum, they always see the Home Page as the
>> first topic.  This is confusing.  Is there any way to suppress this?
>> Maybe add text tot he page for "No topics in this forum yet" if that
>> is the only page?
>
> you can add this to config.php:
>
> # exclude current page
> $SearchPatterns['normal'][] = FmtPageName('!^$Group\\.$Name$!',
> $pagename);

This worked perfectly.  The Home Page is no longer displayed in the
topic listings.

So, this only leaves the "Define Topic01A here" message.  Any thoughts?

Thanks, again, Hans, for all of your assistance.

-- Ryan
PmWiki v2.0.13