[pmwiki-users] Attach: Syntax and the Default Upload Quick Reference

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jan 28 17:36:16 CST 2006

ATTACH SYNTAX:

Here's how I understand the Attach: syntax to work.  Please correct me
if it's wrong.

Refer to an attached file in the same WikiGroup with

    Attach:filename.ext

Refer to an attached file in a different WikiGroup with

    Attach:GroupName.PageName/filename.ext

or, if the other group has a home page, you can use

    Attach:GroupName/filename.ext

DEFAULT UPLOAD QUICK REFERENCE:

To me, four out of five lines in the default UploadQuickReference are
distracting (author unfriendly) and can be left out. Authors don't
need to be told that hitting the Upload button uploads the file (no
kidding, *that's* what the Upload button is for?) and to scroll down
to see the list.

What an author Really Needs To Know is the information above, as in

    http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/UploadsQuickReference

instead of

   http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Site/UploadQuickReference

In addition, some CSS styling (background color, font-family,
font-size, padding, border size and color) should probably be moved to
a stylesheet.  Either that or a font color should be added.

Hagan