[pmwiki-users] 404 Not Found

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jan 30 17:21:14 CST 2006

On 1/28/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 28, 2006 at 07:13:04AM -0700, H. Fox wrote:
> > On 1/27/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> > > The version of Site.PageNotFound that I've adopted for beta21 is
> > > now on pmwiki.org, for those who are interested.
> >
> > Without a doubt it's an improvement.
> >
> > Some questions:
> >
> > First, Can the Create {$FullName} link become a button (perhaps as a
> > local customization)?  I think I figured this one out, as long as it's
> > valid to have a form with only a submit button.
>
> It's valid to have a form with just a submit button.  I've
> put several variations of this theme at
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/PageNotFound -- feel free to
> comment and add other suggestions.

I added one suggestion as an example.  It's essentially the top one
except the button is in a separate paragraph.

    ''{$RequestedPage}'' doesn't exist.
    (:if auth edit:)

    (:input form "{$PageUrl}?action=edit":)
    (:input submit value="$[Create page]":)
    (:input end:)
    (:if:)

A couple of questions...

Is the (:if !group Category:) conditional necessary?  It appears not
to have any effect in beta22 because missing pages in the Category
group are not 404 pages.  (They're always "found".)

In Site/PageNotFound you used {$RequestedPage} and in
Test/PageNotFound you used {$FullName}.  What's the difference between
those two page variables?

Hagan