[pmwiki-users] FAST Membership & newuser.php

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Fri Jul 7 10:02:49 CDT 2006

The Editor wrote:

> I actually like having the functions in separate recipes, as you do
> not have to load up recipe functions you don't use.  IE, each recipe
> is short and sweet, and does just what you want, no more. Speed is an
> issue on my site.

Perhaps make the recipes a bundle or (sorry for extending the recipe
metaphor) a meal. If not a lot of shared code, just state in each recipe
that it works nicely with the others, and make sure the documentation
for each looks current. (I.e. If the soup was changed five times,
reassure the customer that it still works well with the wine.)

If they share a lot of code, maybe bundle that all together, and put the
rest elsewhere. I go to get a cheeseburger, and it tells me to download
basic burger and cheese. If I want a baconburger, it tells me to
download basic burger and bacon. Or I can download all three. Again,
keep all the documentation up to date, even if it's "works with basic
burger 1 through 5, and mushrooms 3-7." If the
recipe-change-notification thing gets going, the user would have to
register for both basic burger and the extra toppings.

Sandy