[pmwiki-users] Wiki not serving up pictures

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Jul 12 11:48:25 CDT 2006

On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 09:08:55PM -0600, Peter Davidoff wrote:

> Hello PmWiki list:
>
> I've built my first wikis on an Ubuntu Dapper box running Apache2.
> All looks good on my Ubuntu box.  When I access the wiki from
> another XP box on the home network I do not get any of the pictures.
> In one case I can get the skin (Simple).  In the other case, a wiki
> where the kids can post their calendars and homework due dates
> I only pull up the homepage, the link's pictures and pmcalendar do
> not load (in fact, I get a time-out).
>
> Is this something I need to code into PmWiki?  Or, I suspect more
> likely, some Apache2 problem I need to understand?

I suspect it's an Apache configuration problem somewhere.
In particular, it sounds as though the XP box is unable to
access PmWiki's pub/ directory.

>  From the other XP's I'm attaching to the Ubuntu box with
>    http://192.168.1.6/Family/pmwiki/pmwiki.php

Try accessing

    http://192.168.1.6/Family/pmwiki/pub/skins/pmwiki/pmwiki-32.gif

and see what error message comes up (either in the browser
or in the apache error log).