[pmwiki-users] wmplayer & the notsosimple skin

Ty Zucker ty at thezuckers.net
Mon Jul 17 13:46:07 CDT 2006

Hi folks

I'm somewhat new to Pmwiki, but I'm learning fast.  I'm currently using the
notsosimple skin and have tried using the wmplayer recipe to embed windows
media player and deliver some video content.

Everything works perfectly in Mozilla Firefox when I use the MediaWrap
extension.  I can go to the page where the video is embedded and it
automatically plays.

The problem is when I try to view the same page in Internet Explorer.  The
page shows the embedded windows media player, but the video does not play at
all.  If I hover the mouse over the player, a bubble says "Click to activate
and use this control."  If I then click, the player doesn't do anything.  If
I right click the player, the player/pause/stop controls are all greyed out.

Thinking the issue might be skin related I changed my skin from notsosimple
to the pmwiki default skin.  When I view the same page in IE the video
played perfectly.  So I'm obviously thinking this issue is skin related.
However, having zero knowledge about skin programming I can't debug this by
myself so I'm throwing myself at the mercy of your collected genius.  :)
Can anyone tell my why the notsosimple skin might prevent wmplayer from
working in IE?

Thanks in advance!

Ty Zucker