[pmwiki-users] Upgrading & switching sites

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 15:02:03 CDT 2006

On 7/17/06, Donald Z. Osborn <dzosborn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Tegan. Yes, I needed to set the permissions anew (1 on your list) and
> that got rid of the message in #2 of my list (copied below). However #1 on
> the list is still a problem. As for #3, when I click on Edit or Search, I
> now get the appropriate page in each case, but without any editable window.
>
> Removing the .flock file, which I did afterwards, had no discernable effect.
>
> Anyone with other advice? (please don't tell me I need to reinstall)...
>
> Don
>

> On 7/17/06, Tegan Dowling <tmdowling at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
>  On 7/17/06, Donald Z. Osborn <dzosborn at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > However... there is a set of problems:
> > 1. The "View  Edit  History  Print " options normally near the top right
> on
> > each page are not there
> >
> > 2. The following message appears at the bottom -
> > Warning: fopen( wiki.d/.flock): failed to open stream: Permission denied
> in
> > /home/httpd/vhosts/[URL, path & file here, for each respective page] on
> line
> > 401
> > PmWiki can't process your request
> > Cannot acquire lockfile
> > We are sorry for any inconvenience
> >
> > 3. A similar message to #2 is generated if I click on "Edit" or "Search"
> at
> > the bottom of each page.
> >
> > Is this a simple matter of making a change to line 401? (If so, where? -
> it
> > does not appear to be in the config file)? Or do I have to go through some
> > more elaborate penance?
>
> First things to do:
> 1) Make sure the new wiki.d folder has most-liberal permissions ("777"), and
> 2) Delete the .flock file from your new wiki.d folder - the wiki will
> create a new one.
>
> May not be the fix you need, but won't do any harm.
>
> HTH

Now can you clarify "when I click on Edit or Search, I now get the
appropriate page in each case, but without any editable window"?  When
you click Search, I wouldn't expect you to get an "editable window" -
do you mean you don't get the Search form?

Maybe confirm that your wikilib.d directory does contain pages
Site/EditForm and Site/Search?