[pmwiki-users] [offlist] Suggested pagelist.php fix (formely Pagelist Extensions)

Martin Fick mogulguy at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 18 14:30:51 CDT 2006

On Tuesday 18 July 2006 11:44, you wrote:
> > From: Martin Fick <mogulguy at yahoo.com>
> >
> > > Martin, I added a reference to this to PITS/00774.
> >
> > Great, Pico you're the man!
> >
> > -Martin
>
> Your cleanup was good.  So, with your change, is the reference to an
> empty string going to result in nothing being displayed, or would it
> result in a pagelist with n
o format (or is that the same thing?)

Nothing displayed, not the same thing.

> If
> you wanted to display the default format, would your reference have to
> explicitly refer to the existing default format?

No, there are shortcuts defined in the markup which point to the default, so a
blank format will point to the default and not be blank.

> If you could
> explicitly refer to an existing format, do you agree that a single
> error message could be included via  the template, for example
>
> ----
> !!!fmt=#notfound
>
> The default template for pagelists when the specified fmt=string is not
> found
>
> [@
> [[#notfound]]
> (:if ! equal {=$Group} {<$Group}:)

> (:if:)
>
> : :[[{=$Group}/{=$Name}]]
>
> (:if equal {>$Group}:)
> Insert error message here...
> [[#notfoundend]]
> @]

Sure, that's not a bad idea since it can be left blank if people don't want
error messages.

-Martin