[pmwiki-users] Fwd: Custom markup for standardised table

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Wed Jul 19 09:11:04 CDT 2006

One more related idea: totally untested brainstorm that might not work,
but would be interesting to explore.

If the value of one of the elements will often change, perhaps an
inventory count, and if it seemed like too much trouble to edit each
page, one by one, to update the count, it *might* be possible to do
something with WikiTrails that would allow you to update multiple items
by editing a single page.  Again, I haven't tested this to see if it
would work, but when dealing with WikiTrails (apart from pagelists) the
link to the prior and next page displays the alias of the listed link,
if an alias is use, i.e. a wikitrail list like this:

*[[ItemOne|12]] pieces on hand for item one
*[[ItemTwo]3] pieces on hand for item two
*[[ItemThree|7]] pieces on hand for item three

Should generate links like this (on the page called ItemTwo)

<< 12|Trail|7 >>

Maybe, just maybe, you could make use of the underlying behavior in a
pagelist that uses a wikitrail, so that the wikitrail page could be used
to update the aliases of multiple items, and then those aliases culd be
reported in the pagelist.  Might not work, but it might be interesting
to test.

Pico