[pmwiki-users] Hiding or showing part of template file

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jul 20 10:36:37 CDT 2006

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 10:53:59AM -0400, Jason_Grammenos wrote:
>    Hi,
>
>    I am trying to hide or show the ($Group).PageActions
>    ($SiteGroup).PageActions that are both part of the <!--PageActionsFmt-->
>    section depending on whether the users is authenticated. I saw something
>    in pmwiki.org about (:authid:). But cannot figure out how to implement it.

If you're using a skin that follows the standard format, then in
config.php you can add

    if (!$AuthId) SetTmplDisplay('PageActionFmt', 0);

which turns off the <!--PageActionFmt--> section if the visitor
isn't authenticated.

Or, you could edit the Site.PageActions and Group.PageActions
pages to use

    (:if ! authid:)

to suppress the display of items for non-authenticated users.