[pmwiki-users] httrack and pmwiki

Paul Lewis paull at usca.edu
Thu Jul 20 13:08:10 CDT 2006

Has anybody had success using httrack to make a local browseable (menu
links maintained) copy of a pmwiki site?

I have it working, but along with the good stuff it downloads thousands
and thousands of 18 bit html files that say "forbidden" when you view
them. In the httrack configuration I tried to filter ?action= links with
"-?action=*" but this did not solve the problem. Does anybody know the
correct filter for pmwiki in httrack?

BTW, I also tried "wget -r -np" following a suggestion from Nils
Knappmeier I found in the listserv archive. This did download the site,
but the menu links aren't locally navigable. There were also bunches of
garbage html files, but not as bad as with httrack.

Thanks,

Paul
--

Paul H. Lewis