[pmwiki-users] AuthUser and LDAP?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jul 20 16:46:37 CDT 2006

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 02:42:19PM -0400, Alan Hoyle wrote:
> I'm a little confused about how to setup the AuthUser module to use
> LDAP for authentication.
>
> In the cookbook entry (http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AuthUser):
>
> Option: LDAP
>
> Put the URL for the server in $AuthUser['ldap'], as in
>  $AuthUser['ldap'] = 'ldap://ldap.example.com/ou=People,o=example?uid';
>
> So, am I correct in thinking that I'd need a separate line for EACH person?

This one setting would perform authentication for all of the users
listed in the ou=People,o=example space of the LDAP server.
In other words, if someone tries to authenticate with a name
of "alice", it will search the ou=People,o=example tree for an
entity with "uid=alice", and attempt to authenticate (bind) to
the LDAP server using that entity and the supplied password.