[pmwiki-users] translations in skin.tmpl

noskule noskule at gmx.net
Fri Jul 21 04:48:09 CDT 2006

Am Dienstag, 18. Juli 2006 18:27 schrieb Patrick R. Michaud:
> On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 04:34:12PM +0200, noskule wrote:

> > [...]
> > no it dont work. :-( It produces two pages (if avalible). Is there a way
> > to make it work that "wiki:" checks more than two entrys?
>
> "wiki:" does not have any limit to the number of entries it checks.
>
> Note that in the example given above, $[{$Group}.SubjectDirectory] and
> {$Group}.SubjectDirectory will refer to the same page unless a specific
> translation is in place.

jep, thats exactly what it should do:
"If a translated page is around use it, if not use the english one.

Then:
If no english page in the same group is around use the translated page of the
sitegroup, if no translation is around in the sitegroup use the  english one

> (And you haven't told us what sorts of
> translations are being performed, so we can't really resolve the problem.)
>
> Pm

oky, the idea is that some pages that are used for skinsections (site
header/footer, sidebars, ...)  have local versions. But if there no local
version is around the default (english language) should be displayed.

The standard  way in pm is:
1. use the page in the same group, if not avalible  . . ..
2. use the one in the sitegroup."

Now I try to bulid:
1. use the translated page in the translated group
    $[{$Group}.SubjectDirectory] => Gruppe.Themenverzeichnis

2. use the default(english) page in the default(english) group
    {$Group}.SubjectDirectory => Group.SubjectDirectory

3. use the translated page in the translated site group
    $[{$SiteGroup}.SubjectDirectory] => Site.Themenverzeichnis

4. use the default(english) page in the default group(english)
    {$SiteGroup}.SubjectDirectory => Site.SubjectDirectory

If a whole wiki should be translated page per page it could look like this:
1. use the translated page in the translated group
    $[{$Group}].$[SubjectDirectory] => Gruppe.Themenverzeichnis

2. use the default(english) page in the default(english) group
    {$Group}.SubjectDirectory => Group.SubjectDirectory

3. use the translated page in the translated site group
    $[{$SiteGroup}].$[SubjectDirectory] => Portal.Themenverzeichnis