[pmwiki-users] SideBar Blank for User with Limited Privileges

Jeff Alperin jalperin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 19:13:58 CDT 2006

I'm trying to give one set of wiki users (editors) access to only a part of
my wiki, specifically, a single wikigroup  ("DNA").  I've set up two user
groups using Auth.User: @admins and @editors.  In the /local/config.php,
I've set all the default passwords to @admins.  Then, for the DNA group,
I've set the read and edit passwords to @admins, @editors using the
action=attr technique.  So, a member of the @editors group should be only be
able to access (and edit) the DNA group.  Now my questions:

1) Is there a way for the @editors member to be automatically access the
homepage of the DNA group (DNA.DNA) after logging in?  I would like to be
able to give them the default url for the wiki (www.mysite.com/wiki) instead
of a more complicated url (www.mysite.com/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=DNA.DNA).  If
they use the default url, they get asked for another password after they
login because they're not authorized for the default home page. (It's not
part of the DNA group.)  Any way around this or must they type in the url
for the specific group they have permission to access?

2) I created a DNA.SideBar page, but the @editors users can't see it when
they log into any of the DNA.xxx pages.  (It's blank.)  Members logged in
with @admins privileges can see it just fine.  The DNA.SideBar page has
links to PmWiki.xxx pages, but I've given @editors permission to view those
pages.  Why is the SideBar blank for these users?  (I'm using the Lean
skin.)

Thanks!