[pmwiki-users] Using pmWiki on YahooMerchant

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Jul 26 08:55:44 CDT 2006

On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 09:36:46AM -0400, Harry Forsdick wrote:
> I am setting up a store on YahooMerchant and am using pmWiki as the
> web page engine.
>
> YahooMerchant runs on FreeBSD 4.10
>
> I have run into two problems concerning allowable file names that may
> be a YahooMerchant restriction or a FreeBSD restriction:

Probably a YahooMerchant restriction.

> 1. It appears that I cannot create a directory with a "." (dot) in its
> name.  This is a problem for the two standard pmWiki directories
> wiki.d and wikilib.d
>
> 2. I can't create files beginning with a "." (dot).  Although I have
> not gotten this far in execution, I am anticpating that when a script
> tries to set the file .flock, there is going to be trouble.

Try the following at the beginning of local/config.php:

    $WorkDir = 'wikid';
    $WikiDir = new PageStore('wikid/{$FullName}');
    $WikiLibDirs = array(&$WikiDir, new PageStore('$FarmD/wikilibd/{$FullName}'));
    $LockFile = 'wikid/flock';

Then, rename the wikilib.d/ directory to be wikilibd/ .  Then we'll see
what other issues arise with YahooMerchant.

Please keep me posted on what works; I'd like to create a Cookbook recipe
for YahooMerchant so that others will know what's going on.

Thanks!