[pmwiki-users] Hierarchial pages v.s. hierarchical groups (Was:Subpages)

Bellave Jayaram bellavejayaram at cox.net
Fri Jun 2 02:21:00 CDT 2006

Like Jo, I would like to have both hierarchical groups and hierarchical
pages.

This thread is very interesting to me as is the parallel thread on
motivation for hierarchy. I would like to point out this article[1] that
tries to explore structure and chaos in the context of wikis which is
essentially what we are dealing with here. There is also a set of slides on
this here [2]. Even though there is a lot of XML mentioned, many
considerations are also relevant to non-XML based wikis.

I have to agree with John on one thing, thinking about how to handle
hierarchy in pmwiki makes one's brain hurt but perhaps we ought to consider
XML for better structuring and linking. But How? Well, I might know if only
I had a fraction as much brains as some experts on this list......

Jayaram

[1] http://www.idealliance.org/proceedings/xtech05/papers/03-02-04/
[2]
http://www.idealliance.org/proceedings/xtech05/slides/prescod/Structure%20an