[pmwiki-users] Deprecated/obsoltete (Was: Edit preview and page view can)

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 15:16:35 CDT 2006

On Fri, 2 Jun 2006, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> Actually, I'm wondering if Cookbook.AuthUser simply needs to be
> deleted.

In a case like this, it'd be nice if we could mark a page as either
obsolete or depreceated. If we agree on a convention for marking a page in
this way (it can be as simple as a convention that says that
 	(:comment obsolete:)
means obsolete, and
 	(:comment depreceated:)
means depreceated.

Then we can configure pagelist/search to automaically exclude obsolete
pages, and we should hopefully also be able to make it list depreceated
pages with some special tag - so that the reader of the list knows that
the page in question is depreceated.

As for how to actually mark a page, I think it'd probably be better to
introduce special directives for this purpose. Then we could have
something like:

 	(:obsolete Please see [[PmWiki.PageList]] instead :)

or

 	(:depreceated Please see [[PmWiki.PageList instead :)

Or should we somehow connect this kind of marking with categories, or
perhaps with the redirection functionality?

/Christian