[pmwiki-users] Get rid of page not exist message

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jun 2 15:18:16 CDT 2006

On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 03:06:43PM -0400, Neil Herber wrote:
> At 2006-06-02  01:49 PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
> >Maybe change the Site.PageNotFound page, which says what to
> >display whenever someone arrives at a non-existent page?
>
> My Site.PageNotFound page contains:
>
> >(:if !group Category:)The page "{$RequestedPage}" doesn't exist.
> >(:if auth edit:)%rel=nofollow% ([[{$FullName}?action=edit | Create
> >{$FullName}]])
> >(:if:)
>
> According to the docs, ifs don't nest, so it surprises me greatly
> that when I browse to a non-existent Category page with edit
> authorization, the "create" link does not show. How does that work???

There's currently a "hack" in scripts/stdmarkup.php that is
handling Category pages specially by setting the $DefaultPageTextFmt
to '' when in that group (i.e., disabling the default PageNotFound
semantics).

I haven't decided how I really want this to be handled.  One
idea that still exists is to automatically create (blank)
category pages whenever an author saves a page with the [[!Category]]
markup.  Then we don't have the "page doesn't exist" case for
categories that do exist.