[pmwiki-users] Upgrade concerns with Site.PageListTemplates

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 07:44:42 CDT 2006

On 6/2/06, Martin Fick <mogulguy at yahoo.com> wrote:
<Snip>
> ... if templates are needed for the main pmwiki
> site, but the pages using them are not going to make
> it into the distro (say Cookbook pages) then these
> templates should be somewhere else and not on this
> page (this is just a thought, I don't know if there
> are actually any cases of this.)

Although my personal tendancy is toward "more is better", I think I
agree that a gate-keeper for this page would be wise.  While I don't
see a problem with having people add formats, I do see the potential
for people to change existing ones that they consider need "fixing".

As for fmts used by individual, non-distro pages, lets not forget that
the fmt needed for an ad hoc pagelist can be placed right there on the
same page.