[pmwiki-users] self-registering for notification emails

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 10:36:07 CDT 2006

Please confirm I'm understanding this correctly:

I want to give users the ability to administer their own watchlists as
far as that's possible.  I know that PM has further embellishments to
the present set-up in the plan, but for now, I believe

1) I can write-protect Site.NotifyList, restricting it to admins or
giving it its own password,
2) on Site.NotifyList, I can put, for each user (for example):
   notify=user at example.com trail=Profiles.User-watchlist squelch=86400
OR
   notify=user at example.com trail=User.WatchList squelch=86400
3) then each user can create a trail on his/her own watchlist page.

BUT

4) The trail functionality is limited to manually, individually keyed
links - meaning:
 4a) no pagelist-generated list will work to populate the trail, and
 4b) There's no point in placing a Group.RecentChanges on the trail, either.

SO

5) If a user wants to watch a whole wikigroup, for instance, or other
dynamically-defined selection, that will need to be put on the
Site.NotifyList page by someone with edit-rights to it.

Correct?  Or am I missing something (which wouldn't surprise me one bit)?

Thanks!