[pmwiki-users] self-registering for notification emails

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 17:09:42 CDT 2006

On 6/4/06, Pico <pmwiki at ben-amotz.com> wrote:
> Tegan Dowling wrote:
> > Please confirm I'm understanding this correctly:
> >
> > I want to give users the ability to administer their own watchlists as
> > far as that's possible.
> >
> > SO
> >
> > If a user wants to watch a whole wikigroup, for instance, or other
> > dynamically-defined selection, that will need to be put on the
> > Site.NotifyList page by someone with edit-rights to it.
> >
> You could always control the Site.NotifyList by assigning a password
> that is shared among trusted users.  On PmWiki.org, the password is
> shared more generally among anyone who reads the list.
>
> Don't like that?
>
> Ok, how about using include directives

Yeah, I know...(:include:) was the first thing I tried, but as PM
says, that doesn't work.

I'm just glad I'm able to understand correctly how it *does* work.

One last thing:  I observe that on the page Site.NotifyList, the
instructions can be set up this way, and still appear to work:

(:if false:)
    notify=user1 at example.com etc group=XYY squelch=86400
(:if:)

Is that as straight-forward as it seems - I can hide them via (:if
false:) and they'll still operate?