[pmwiki-users] New recipe, PmFeed 0.01

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jun 5 15:42:45 CDT 2006

On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 01:53:34PM -0500, Chris Cox wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 11:58:44AM -0500, Chris Cox wrote:
> >> I also noticed that my pre-formatted blocks in the Cookbook
> >> group at pmwiki.org no longer use a monspace font.  If I remove
> >> the css (via Ffox), the mono spaced returns.  I'm guessing that
> >> somebody turned off the use of a monospaced font inside of
> >> pmwiki.org or at least the Cookbook group... I miss it...
> >> can it return?
> >
> > Can you give an example page where it's not working?
> >
> > Pm
>
> Cookbook/PmCalendar uses [= =]... not monospaced.
>
> Cookbook/PmFeed uses [@ @]... not monospaced.
>
> Short example:
> http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/Monospaced
>
> Maybe it's something I'm doing wrong... but that
> kind of stuff works on my office PmWiki site....

Weird.  All of them appear monospaced in my browser (SUSE 10.0,
Firefox 1.5.0.3).

All of the text examples are being wrapped in either
stylesheet [1] is defining these as

    pre, code {
      font-family:'Lucida Console','Andale Mono','Courier New',Courier;
    }

so perhaps it has to do with font mapping somewhere?

I've displayed the Test.Monospaced page using Browsercam and it
seems to work okay there [2].... but we may be able to adjust the fonts
somewhat if it's not working for a certain class of browsers.
(Which browser/distro are you looking at?)

Thanks,

Pm

1. http://pmwiki.org//pmwiki/pub/skins/pmwiki/pmwiki.css

2. http://www.browsercam.com/public.aspx?proj_id=257916