[pmwiki-users] New recipe, PmFeed 0.01

Roman romat2 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 04:25:28 CDT 2006

On 6/5/06, Chris Cox <ccox at airmail.net> wrote:
> I created yet another RSS feed displayer called PmFeed.  It uses lastRSS
> and embeds it (so you don't have to download separately).  I needed
> a good feed displayer, and the other recipes didn't work out well
> for me... so I figured I might as well share what I came up with.

I like the lightweightness of this recipe. It also solves some
problems that I have with magpie based one. Here are my comments and
suggestions:

- It is recommended to have only one <h1> on a page, so I suggest to
change the feed title to <h2>
- All elements of an RSS item are optional - there are feeds that
don't have item link. PmFeed does not show titles of such feed items.
- Is there a reason to have cache in wiki/pub directory? I would
choose a directory not accessible from outside.
- I think that pubDate should be displayed after the item title
(useful for feeds that don't change so often)
- There are lot of feeds that don't have just simple text in item
description but also some HTML elements, for example links. Such
elements are stripped by PmFeed. Could it be changed to keep the
content of CDATA and display it without any modification?

Thank you

Roman