[pmwiki-users] Blog, multiple entries per day

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 10:45:38 CDT 2006

On 6/6/06, Andy Kaplan-Myrth <andy1 at kaplan-myrth.ca> wrote:
> I currently use Kind-ofBlog with PmWiki. Blog entries are on pages named
> with the date, like Blog.20060606. Multiple entries on a single day all
> end up on the same page, with new ones on top. This works for the
> blogdigest, which properly shows all blog entries in a list. But it
> would be better to let each blog entry have its own permalink, not only
> to the day when it was posted, but to just that entry.
>
> Here's my conceptual solution: Blog entries on a date would be numbered:
> Blog.20060606-1, Blog.20060606-2, Blog.20060606-3, etc. The digest would
> include each of them in order. The calendar would provide a link if
> Blog.20060606-1 exists, and link to a pagelist page if more than one
> entry existed for a given date.
>
> Unfortunately, I'm a tweaker, not a coder, so this is beyond me for the
> time being. Can anybody who knows KoB better say whether something like
> this can be implemented? Would another blogging cookbook handle this
> better?

Without knowing the blog code, that should work. This would especially
be the case if you set up to sort by ctime (creation time) rather than
modification time or name. Although, sorting on name should yield the
same results (unless you post more than 9 times in a given day).

--
Ben Wilson
"Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur"