[pmwiki-users] More on @_site_edit.

Stirling Westrup sti at pooq.com
Tue Jun 6 22:54:44 CDT 2006

Okay, the mystery deepens. It seems that @_site_edit /sometimes/ works.

Here's what I did:

1) Some time ago I set up a pmwiki testbed for PM at:

 http://pmwiki.pooq.com/wiki/Main/HomePage

Since I didn't want to give anyone the admin password of my actual site,
I decided to configure this one to show the problem. I updated it to
version 2.1.10 of PmWiki.

2) I configured the testbed so that it has an admin password ('pmwiki')
and a read password ('quick'), but otherwise left it with a stock
configuration. Then I created a group called Private along with a
Private.HomePage and set the read field of Private.GroupAttributes to
@_site_edit.

3) Much to my surprise, everything worked correctly. I can read the
Private group if I've logged in with the edit password.

4) As an experiment, I changed the skin to the (modified) Triad skin
that I am using on my other site. Everything still worked.

5) Then I cleared and re-set the Private.GroupAttributes and I could no
longer read the Private group without logging in as Admin.

6) Figuring that it was some sort of (bizarre) skin issue, I reset the
skin to PmWiki and again cleared and re-set the read field of
Private.GroupAttributes to '@_site_edit'.

7) It still doesn't work, even though my configuration is, AFAICT,
identical to that of step 3).

Lacking any ideas on how to proceed, I've left it like that. I'd
appreciate any help figuring out what the problem is, or how to fix it.