[pmwiki-users] Srolling boxes

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Tue Jun 6 23:27:51 CDT 2006

On Wednesday, 7 June 2006 3:26 PM, pmwiki at 911networks.com wrote:
>John Rankin wrote:
>>> for making boxes, Is there a way to keep it from expanding and
>>> making it scroll if it's wider than the screen?
>>
>> add width=650px overflow=auto and that should do it.
>>
>Wonderful, that's very appreciated. I have searched and cannot
>find it on pmwiki.org, I even did a search on box and width
>and... where is it?

Well, it's really a CSS trick rather than a pmwiki feature.

Still, it's sufficiently useful that it perhaps ought to be an
example in the wiki styles documentation. Or even a feature of
the default pmwiki style sheet for the <pre> tag... Going to a
wiki page with a long line of preformatted text is an unhappy
experience.

--
JR