[pmwiki-users] Srolling boxes

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Jun 7 22:31:10 CDT 2006

On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 12:46:00PM +1000, Kathryn Andersen wrote:
> On second thought, having size in ems is possibly the second-best, with
> having the size as a percentage probably better.  Because what one
> *wants* is something which fits the size of their screen, yes?

Unfortunately, from my tests using width as a percentage doesn't
seem to help here -- IE expects an absolute size for the box
or else it just ignores it entirely.

> If only overflow=auto worked for all browsers. (sigh)

Actually, I'd much prefer that overflow=visible worked for all
browsers.  I don't mind if content of long lines spills off to
the right of the display, I only mind when it causes the
*entire page* to adopt the width of the longest line.