[pmwiki-users] Author setting in two different ways

Jon Haupt jhaupt at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 12:02:27 CDT 2006

Hi there,

So I'm using AuthUser and enforcing author tracking on my wiki.
Everything works fine except that one group on my wiki has a simple
read/edit password (so it doesn't require authenticated ID).  The
problem here is if they type in an author name, this isn't copied to
$Author like an $AuthId is.  Is there a way to do this so that either
way, the author cookie is automatically set if they enter one (whether
it's an authenticated ID or just a name to go with the password)?

I've tried several different configurations based on the recipes
available, but none of them actually seem to work this way.

Thanks,

Jon