[pmwiki-users] unable to lock Sidebar; password request?

Judith Zachariae judith.zachariae at gmx.de
Sun Jun 11 14:29:25 CDT 2006

Hi all,

I have a serious problem with my Site.Sidebar. I would like to lock this
page from being editable, but if I type ?action=attr I am getting a
password request instead of the password form to set or unset passwords
for this side. I set a site-wide admin and edit password in the
config.php, but both passwords don't grant me access to change
passwords. So in the end the sidebar is editable and I am not able to
lock the sidebar, because the attr-option leads me to a password
request, where none of my set passwords work.
Ofcourse the same happens when I try to change the whole GroupAttributes
for the Site-group.

Any suggustions?

@Patrick Michaud: If you read this, I found a typo in the Site.Sidebar
file: it says name=Side.SideBar instead of Site.Sidebar. I don't know if
that is important for any variable or something.

Greetings,
Lysandra