[pmwiki-users] Conditional Markup question

David Spitzley dspitzle at wash.k12.mi.us
Thu Jun 15 14:18:26 CDT 2006

>>> "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> 06/15/06 2:37 PM >>>
On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 02:12:14PM -0400, David Spitzley wrote:
> I'm trying to create a pagelist format that will append "- New"
> to the end of any item with a create date less than 30 days old.
> Any suggestions on how to do that?

Easiest is probably to create a custom page variable for it.

    $FmtPV['$New'] =
      '($page["ctime"] > time() - 30 * 86400) ? "- New" : ""';

Then, in the template you can use {=$New}.  This will display
"- New" for any page created within the past 30 days, or ""
for any page that is 30 days or older.

Ok, I've done that, but now that I've created the new format in Site.LocalTemplates, the pagelist that calls it generates no results, while using fmt=title still works.  Here's my format statement:

!!!fmt=#newtitles
[@
[[#newtitles]]
* [[{=$FullName}|+]] {=$New}
[[#newtitlesend]]
@]

Is there anything obviously wrong?  PmWiki is automatically configured to check Site.LocalTemplates, right?  I'll note I'm using BlogSimple2, which adds another template page, but I'm assuming that wouldn't break Site.LocalTemplates.  Any further suggestions?

David