[pmwiki-users] pagelist with additional information

Martin Fick mogulguy at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 15 15:06:10 CDT 2006

--- "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 10:20:36AM +0200, Daniel
> Hofer wrote:
> > Damn, I've never used templates before. They are
> so great;-)
> >
> > > [[#BilledTemplate]]
> > > * {=$Title}, (:include {=$FullName}#Billed:)
> > > [[#BilledTemplateEnd]]
> > >
> > > 2)  This may not have the proper spacing (I
> think it
> > > will put the second page list on a separate
> line)
> >
> > yes, thats right. The billed-entry is on the
> second line.
>
> If the billed entry is always going to be on the
> same markup
> line in each page of the list (e.g., if it's always
> the second
> line of markup), one could do:
>
>     * {=$Title}, (:include {=$FullName} lines=2..2:)
>
> This just grabs the second line of each page in the
> list.

I think the problem is not that the text was on the
2nd line of the included page, but that the
(:include:) directive puts a return before including
its text, making the incldued text appear on the line
after the title?  A form of include that does not add
returns would be helpfull, but not as good as...

> But really this sounds like a place where storable
> page properties would be a better answer.

Agreed!

-Martin