[pmwiki-users] FAQ broken in latest upgrade

Marc Cooper gmane at auxbuss.com
Fri Jun 16 12:52:47 CDT 2006

Patrick R. Michaud said...
> On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 11:07:47AM +0100, Marc Cooper wrote:
> >
> > My concern - relatively minor, though - is that should more "embedded"
> > CSS classes be introduced, that they will "break" more skins, and thus
> > sites.
>
> I'm not sure I understand this comment -- in particular, I don't
> see how simply introducing classes to existing elements will
> cause existing skins to "break".

All I meant was that the name might already be in use. As I said, it's a
very minor concern. One solution would be to use prefixed names (e.g.
pmwiki-faq), but I also see why this is undesirable.

However, providing one reads the release notes, where I presume you'd
announce any addition, then the onus is back with the admin to check
their CSS in such cases.

--
Best,
Marc