[pmwiki-users] email notification of page changes (watchlists)

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Sat Jun 17 10:48:33 CDT 2006

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
[snip]

> There's a plan for a 'watch this page' recipe, but I don't have an
> estimated time frame for it.  The general idea is that there ought to
> be a link that when activated automatically adds the current page
> to the visitor's designated watchlist trail page.
>
> There are a number of places where having a core function to "add
> content to an existing page" will be useful, so that will probably
> be introduced to the core fairly soon.  I just haven't completely
> decided how that function should look yet.

Yes, it would be great to be able to use that function for other
purposes, as well.  Perhaps there could be a default setting for the
designated page that could be overridden by the markup.

For example, the default designated page could be based on the user's
profile page with a default ending, e.g. Fred-Watchlist.

If the markup allows authors to override the default, it would be good
to allow authors to specify the new page by reference to the author's
profile page.  Presumably, that could be done by simply specifying the
new page using a variable, for example Profile.($Author)-NewPage

Pico