[pmwiki-users] PmWiki slow ?.

Pierre-Marie Carette carette.pierre-marie at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jun 18 03:42:03 CDT 2006

by courtesy for the nonFrench-speaking readers

in PmWikiFr/WebHosts   translation (; mine!!!)  I write

18/6/06 speed of OVH??

The same PmWiki site on another provider mutualized is displayed
between 4 and 10 times more quickly than on OVH-90-plan! A page is
displayed after 20 to 35 seconds of waiting making the site unusable.
I  say to OVH, and  OVH-technique answered me: "it does not come from
the sql" (obviously!!!) and "your site contained too much code". I
insist: their answer: "I see well that at ifrance (the other
provider)  it is faster but we note that that comes indeed from your
code."

A consent but a charge: PmWiki and the code is guilty!! Each one will
appreciate contradiction, since the two sites are rigorously identical.

Suggestion: Let us create a test page which would enable us to
compare our providers (downloading of PmWiki + display of the test
page 10 times without mask.). But I do not know which test could
contain this page. This test would make it possible to answer such
charges on the quality of PmWiki

PS: If you know a correct lodging, let know here. Thank you. -  Pierre79

and thanks to PmWiki for the liberty which gives....