[pmwiki-users] Pageindex and distributed documentation (Was Strange pagelist behaviour)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jun 19 13:05:36 CDT 2006

On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 06:52:51PM +0100, Marc Cooper wrote:
> My personal opinion is to avoid anything that slows down pmwiki - not
> suggesting you would, etc. I'd far rather have an option to run a check
> on .pageindex, and then rebuild, if necessary, as part of my admin
> routine.

I think I'm going to have it run the check as part of editing,
or as part of the update routine.  In the update routine it's
reading pages already, so it doesn't hurt to do the extra check
then.

> Would you recommend deleting all .pageindex files after an update, for
> now?

It certainly won't hurt, other than to slow things down for a short time
until the .pageindex is rebuilt.

Thanks,