[pmwiki-users] (:noaction:) Missing in action

Chris Cox ccox at airmail.net
Tue Jun 20 10:48:34 CDT 2006

Dominique Faure wrote:
> On 6/19/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>> seems
>> there

>> like to

>> > I find it useful... but I also found doing my own
>> > implementation easy enough... probably (:noaction:) needs
>> > to be in the core since there's references in the
>> > templates that come with PmWiki... just my opinion.
>>
>> Now added for the next release.
>>

> In the same mood, having defined a (:nosidebar:) directive would be
> useful to handle the sidebar display gracefully. Defaulting to
> (:noleft:) action, each skin (sh|c)ould "overload" it to provide the
> expected behavior.
> Should I drop a word or two about it in
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SkinGuidelines ?

Actually, since this could go on-and-on-and-on.... if you saw
my other post you'll see how easy it is to create your own
sections just like the rest with a set of (:no<whatever>:)
markups.

I think it's wise to be careful about trying to add to much...
I mean we could have (:nomiddlebannerabovetheotherone:)
(I know that was an exaggeration... but still...)