[pmwiki-users] browse older revisions?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jun 23 11:42:29 CDT 2006

On Thu, Jun 22, 2006 at 10:20:58PM -0400, Christopher League wrote:
> I'd like to be able to browse through older revisions of a page.  The
> history (action=diff) gives a nice summary of what has changed.  I
> can restore any of those old versions, but I cannot retrieve just to
> look at them.  (I know I can restore and then look at it in the edit
> box before hitting cancel.. that's not what I want.)

This has been discussed before -- we just haven't written the appropriate
interfaces to do it.  See the latest thread at
http://host.pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2006-June/028922.html,

This is also PITS #00220, vote at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00220 .

> [If I were designing this from the ground up, more manageable
> versions numbers would be helpful (revision 1, 2, 3, ...) but I think
> the timestamps already in the data files will do the job.]

We can also do revision numbers (that's stored in the file as
well), but I think that timestamps tend to work a lot better
as they're a bit more robust than simple numerical sequences.