[pmwiki-users] Announce: Templates 1.0

Mateusz Czapliński mateusz at czaplinski.pl
Sat Jun 24 16:14:06 CDT 2006

Hi,
I've just uploaded the Templates Cookbook recipe. It adds the
(:template:) markup, identical to (:include:) but allowing additionally
to pass parameters to included pages. (It's similar to the way it's done
in Wikipedia). Parameters can be then used in included pages with
{{{attribute-name}}} markup. (This latter markup is how it is in
Wikipedia; I think it's a bit ugly, but I didn't have any nicer idea
what would be better, so I left it as is -- at least it may be familiar
to some.)

The recipe's full address is:
http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Templates

I've got one question here: till now, the common practice was to include
new recipes in the Cookbook.Cookbook page -- but now it seems
write-protected. Is it true? If yes, I believe that's in favour of the
Cookbook.Cookbook-ByCategory automated page?

(If you want to comment on this recipe, *please* copy your message to my
private email address, as I'm not a regular on the mailing list.)

Greetz
Mateusz