[pmwiki-users] Robustness of PmWiki

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Sun Jun 25 06:30:20 CDT 2006

Martin Bayer schrieb:
> If you have "nofollow" more or less anywhere, it is hard to
> spider the site entirely.
 > So, here we have an other trade-off between
 > indexability and machine load, [...]

No trade-off actually.

The wiki should set "nofollow" based on the URL it's linking to.
Indiscriminately adding "nofollow" will do more harm than good.

If anybody from outside the wiki sets a link to an edit page, that edit
page will still be indexed - but it will be far lower on the spider's
priority list because it's just a single link to that page.

Maybe it's indeed best to set up RewriteCond directives to prevent the
more frequent spiders from retrieving edit (and, of course, other
similar) pages.
(I still don't *like* that solution. It's far too much manual
intervention for my taste. But it may well be the most effective one.)

Regards,
Jo