[pmwiki-users] Spacing In SideBar

Marc Cooper gmane at auxbuss.com
Wed Jun 28 12:49:11 CDT 2006

Jason_Grammenos said...

Hi,

I've had to strip out your message as it was top-posted and misquoted.
I'll blame it on M$ Exchange this time :-|

> Thanks for the response, but I guess I wasn't clear enough. The real
> problem is with the code that is automaticaly generated by :
> <!--wiki:{$Group}.SideBar {$SiteGroup}.SideBar-->

Indeed, and it's surrounded by an id or a div which is used to style the
contents. The default skin uses #wikileft, for example.

> This obliviously writes out the sidebar, but it uses <pre> tags with
> mess up my layout by spacing out each of the elements.

As I understand it

    <!--wiki:{$SiteGroup}.SideBar-->

simply produces what you place in Site.SideBar. So, to style your pres,
use something like:

    #wikileft pre { blah }

> What im looking for it's a way to have pm wiki not output thoses pre
> tags or a workaround to override them

Have you entries in Site.SideBar that start with <space>? or, such as,

[@
hello@]

That would produce pres.

--