[pmwiki-users] DBauth question

Jason Frisvold xenophage0 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 12:49:35 CDT 2006

On 6/27/06, Ben Wilson <dausha at gmail.com> wrote:
> My plan is to build a three-table authentication: user, group,
> user_group. The three tables should be self-describing. This will
> require a little more code, but the objective is to be as closely
> compatible with PmWiki, naturally. Need the third table for the
> many-to-many between user and group.

User configurable tables?  Are you going to handle customized SQL?
I'm currently restricting users to a single group, but that's going to
need to change..  In fact, thinking about it I just came up with an
awesome way to handle some of the permissions I need...  <grabs for a
pen/paper>

> I believe this is removed in my more recent/broken version. I'm
> supposed to be working with Marc on this, but I'm swamped until July
> 3d. I'm giving a presentation to a jurisprudential class on the
> Original Meaning of the Treason Clause of the U.S. Constitution. The
> rough draft for the paper is due the same day.[2] I may not have a lot
> of time until July 28th, when I believe I'll be able to enjoy another
> "summer of code."

Eww..  politics..

Lemme know if you need any beta testing done on the new code..

> I'm notorious for building lean designs. I had a DBA get on to me for
> a fourth level normalization (or was it third). She "preferred" a
> second level and the rest of it be handled by the code. My philosophy
> is leave the database stuff in the database.

Well, you'd never fit in at my previous job..  Leave it to the
database..  Jeez...  What were you thinking?  *grin*

--
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
XenoPhage0 at gmail.com